01 November 2007

Day to Day

October 22

Something I just remembered: on our flight over here we were over the Sahara desert for like 4 hours. It was daylight and clear so we could see it the whole time. A little bit freaky. I thought, man, even if we crash and survive, we’re still going to die because there is absolutely nothing but sand!

There are these “sad trees” I really like because they cry. I don’t know what they’re really called. Someone told me the pores are so large in the tree’s leaves that they can’t hold all their water so they drip constantly. I used to think whenever I walked in the park under them and they dripped on me that it was starting to rain.

The US embassy has the nicest library I’ve seen here. The books are recent, they have computers with fast internet. The things you take for granted in the US.

1 comment:

Nell said...

Hey luvvy,
Good to hear from you. I've been having sort of the same thing with political thoughts from my Rise of the European State class. Reading about different ideas on what a government should do and be, what human nature is, and how the government and humans should act. You might really like J.S. Mill "On Liberty." It's from 1859 but is very relevant to America in 2007.
Love you lots. I thought about calling you last night to sing the "show me the way to go home" song from American Girl Dolls Productions Ltd. but didn't because it was too late.
Nell