14 November 2007

Camera is gone

November 12

Way way way bummer news. Pretty much the worst thing to get stolen (besides my passport) did: my digital camera, out of my pocket at a club this past weekend. More than anything I was so bummed about the probably 500 pictures that were on it not downloaded yet, probably from the last 6 weeks or so. I don’t know if I’ll get a new one-they’re more expensive here than in the US and I’d just be terrified to take it anywhere again. I was dumb to bring it though, I should have been smarter, I’ve been really smart with everything up to this point. I might go the disposable camera route, safer anyway. That’s what Lisa’s doing-hers got stolen out of her bag about a month ago. Ironic that the two art majors and the ones who were most into the picture-taking got their cameras stolen. It's still just a pit in my stomach whenever I think about it. I’ll miss my camera…it was so nice and did all kinds of stuff and was super small and I haven't found the same model here anywhere. But, as Maude from Harold and Maude would say, “Here today, gone tomorrow so don’t get attached to things!” I was super angry the next morning after it happened, went for a long long run for an hour or so, saw my oral lit professor, came home and was in a great mood for the rest of the day. Ah, running, the cure for so many ills. By the way, I’ve lost at least 10 lbs, a lot of us have since being here.

No comments: