18 February 2008

Home again, home again, eiii yie yie..

EIIII!!!, I haven't written in forEVER! And there is much much much to write about.
I'm back home at this point and going through the "culture shock" or whatever they like to call it. Mainly, it is cold and super snowy here which, although it's very beautiful to look at, I'm not enjoying the feeling of too much. I went to Kalamazoo with my sister the other day because she had a scholarship competition thing and I wanted to tag along just to see who I could see and ran into bunches of people in the library and walking around campus. It's so much fun to see people again and I've had so many exciting reunions with people, but at the same time I do miss Kenya lots and lots. Mom walked in to me sitting in the dark crying the other night in our living room and I wasn't even sure what the problem was. It's weird, but overall, being home is giving me an entirely different view of Kenya. While I was there I really did love it, and now that I'm home I'm loving it in an entirely different way. It's funny how actually being in a place changes your perspective of the place entirely. Much as I actually wish I could teleport places (I talk about the novelty of teleporting a lot as some know) the way airplanes fly is kind of like teleportation...in one day I can be on the complete other side of the world where there is a completely different frame of mind and it's kind of jarring to jump right back into. (And cold!) It rained freezing rain all day yesterday on top of all the snow we had so I'm sure it all froze over the roads overnight, but it's supposed to be warming up sometime this week. I saw Hannah, one of my housemates last year in Kzoo and she was like, you are so tan! you look so out of place in this arctic setting! Heh, that's kinda the way I feel

More later when I feel up to writing about the adventures of the last couple weeks--Egypt, Tanzania, Zanzibar, my 21st b-day, my mom visiting, Nairobi goodbye :( etc. etc. etc. Eiii yie yie is all I can say because my mind doesn't know where it is... The Pixies song-Where Is My Mind has been playing in my head the past few days-although that was the anthem song for Vanessa and I freshman year, it's appropriate in a much different way at the moment.
Latas..

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celulite, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://eliminando-a-celulite.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am checking this blog using the phone and this appears to be kind of odd. Thought you'd wish to know. This is a great write-up nevertheless, did not mess that up.

- David

Anonymous said...

Really.

Anonymous said...

hi all alexandrasafricanadventure.blogspot.com blogger found your website via search engine but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your blog http://xrumerservice.org they claim they managed to get close to 1000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my website. Hope this helps :) They offer best backlinks service Take care. Jason

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I just would like to offer you a huge thumbs up for your great info you have right here on this post. I am coming back to your site for more soon.

[url=http://xrumergeek.com]seo service[/url]